Boxing star Jarrell Miller has reportedly tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug less a year after a failed test cost him a fight against Anthony Joshua.
“Big Baby” was set to have his first bout back in the sport on July 9 against Jerry Forrest in the US, The Sun reports.
But according to The Athletic, the 31-year-old has failed another drugs test and his fight has been pulled.
Former kickboxer Miller got his shot at heavyweight champ Joshua last year after smashing past Tomasz Adamek and Bogdan Dinu.
But he missed out on his big night at Madison Square Garden and a $7 million payday against the Brit after testing positive for banned substances GW501516, EPO and HGH.
The New York State Athletic Commission rejected Miller’s application for a boxing licence in the States with Ruiz Jr taking his place.
The Mexican went on to shock the world by winning the heavyweight titles, while the World Boxing Association handed Miller a six-month suspension and took him out of their top 15 rankings.
He blamed the test failures on a stem cell shot he received to deal with lingering elbow issues.
Jarrell Miller’s woes have continued.Source:Getty Images
Forrest’s promoter Lou DiBella was furious Miller had put his client’s fight in jeopardy.
“I was beside myself right after we made that fight and I found out that no one compelled this guy to enter into any form of PED testing,” DiBella told The Athletic.
“So he blows a heavyweight title fight at MSG, and no commission, no ratings organisation, not the Association of Boxing Commission, no one compelled him to enter into testing. This unfortunately isn’t a surprise to me.
“I expected him to be with astute enough PED people that since this fight was made with under 30 days’ notice that he would by cycling down and wouldn’t be caught. But I assumed he would be dirty and told Jerry, and Jerry said he would beat him anyway.”
During Miller’s absence he signed with promoter Bob Arum’s Top Rank, and spoke of how excited he was to return.
Miller said: “It’s been good working with Bob, and figuring out what’s the best road to take, and I can’t wait.
“There are a lot of different things and a lot of different aspects. The main thing is sitting down with the team and figuring out what’s the best route to take.
“Then it’s once we come up with a game plan, it’s execute it strongly and non-stop.
“I don’t care who it is and where it’s at, I just want to knock somebody’s head off, and I want to prove to the fans that Big Baby’s mind is 100 per cent right.”
A spokesperson for Top Rank told The Telegraph: “Top Rank is aware of the situation and Jarrell Miller will be placed on temporary suspension on Monday morning with the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC).
“He is also out of his July 9 fight.”
This story first appeared on The Sun and was reproduced wither permission
Source: Read Full Article