Evander Holyfield’s thoughts on a fight with Mike Tyson have emerged as Iron Mike confirmed his plans for 2021.
The youngest-ever heavyweight champion returned to the ring in November for an exhibition bout against Roy Jones Jr which ended in a draw.
And the 54-year-old has not taken long to confirm that he will be back in action for 2021.
During an Instagram Live with Tennis coach Patrick Mouratoglou, he said if he will fight again this year: “Yeah absolutely. It’ll be better this time.”
Before adding: “It was interesting. I felt really good, I felt confident. I felt that I could do it again.”
One of the few fights open to Tyson is a third bout against Holyfield, who he last faced in 1997 for the WBA heavyweight title.
After losing the fight fight by TKO in the 11th round, Iron Mike infamously bit the American’s ear in the rematch to be disqualified after three rounds.
While the pair are now friends outside the ring, Holyfield has said that he would relish the chance to take on Tyson again.
Speaking in November, the 57-year-old said: “This is the fight that must happen for both our legacies.
“Saturday night you said you were ready to fight me, so sign the contract and get in the ring, Tyson. The world is waiting and it's on you now. I'm ready.”
And Holyfield revealed that he had been trying to get a fight confirmed before Tyson took on Jones Jr in LA.
He added: “My side tried to make the fight happen and we got nothing but excuses.
Today's top sport stories on Daily Star
“Now I can see why he wanted a tune-up fight before thinking about fighting me.
“Roy Jones was a good local opponent for Mike but a fight with me would be a global event and the only fight that anyone wants to see is a fight between us.
“There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't make it happen.”
Tyson has been getting back in the gym – and footage from training shows he has not lost his reflexes and power.
Source: Read Full Article