Knockout artist Gennady Golovkin warns 47-year-old Oscar De La Hoya he ‘might seize his chance to legally KILL a person in the ring’ if the ex-champion comes out of retirement to fight him
- Oscar De La Hoya recently insisted he could ‘easily take Gennady Golovkin apart’
- The 47-year-old promoter announced earlier this year he will make a comeback
- Golovkin sent De La Hoya a grave warning if they were ever to share the ring
- Middleweight champion said De La Hoya would be risking his life by fighting him
Gennady Golovkin has sent Oscar De La Hoya a chilling warning that he might seize his chance to ‘legally kill a person in the ring’ if the legendary boxer came out of retirement to fight him.
De La Hoya, 47, has been retired since 2008 but announced earlier this year he is planning to make a comeback and recently said he would ‘easily take Golovkin apart’ if they ever fought.
‘Do you know how easy he would be for me? Oh, my gosh,’ The ex-multi-weight champion said of a possible fight with GGG.
Gennady Golovkin (L) warned Oscar De La Hoya he would risk his life by fighting him in the ring
Promoter De La Hoya wants to make a comeback and recently said he’d easily beat Golovkin
‘I always took a good shot and I always took apart fighters like him. In my mind it would be that easy.’
Middleweight kingpin Golovkin, who is preparing for a mandatory defence of his IBF world title against Poland’s unbeaten Kamil Szeremeta on Friday, responded by issuing a grave warning to De La Hoya.
‘You know Oscar, you know how dirty his mouth is,’ 38-year-old Golovkin told AFP.
‘Everything involving Gennady Golovkin for him is a nightmare. He can say whatever. But let me put it this way – If I got an opportunity to legally kill a person in the ring, I might seize it.’
Champion Golovkin said he may seize change to kill a person in the ring if he faced De La Hoya
A post shared by Oscar De La Hoya (@oscardelahoya)
Golovkin and Golden Boy promoter De La Hoya have history and traded barbs on numerous occasions throughout the heated build-ups to GGG’s two blockbuster fights with Canelo Alvarez in 2017 and 2018.
De La Hoya has not fought since being destroyed by Manny Pacquiao 12 years ago but has repeatedly insisted he is serious about fighting again and will only return to take on one of today’s ‘top guys’.
Knockout artist Golovkin, meanwhile, will first have to deal with Szeremeta and the IBF champion says he is relishing returning to the ring for the first time in over a year.
He added: ‘It was a long pause. There was enough time to miss boxing and forget certain things. The training was good. I went through my standard training and it went well and I’m ready.’
Golovkin and De La Hoya traded barbs in the build-ups to GGG’s fights with Canelo Alvarez (L)
De La Hoya has not fought since being dismantled by Manny Pacquiao back in 2008
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article