Mike Tyson tells Canelo Alvarez details of next highly-anticipated fight in May

Mike Tyson has revealed he will return to the ring for his second comeback fight in Miami at the end of May.

The former undisputed heavyweight champion made a sensational return to boxing in November of last year for an exhibition bout against Roy Jones Jr.

Almost 14 years since he last laced up the gloves, Tyson climbed back through the ropes at the age of 54 to face Jones, playing out a controversial draw with the pound-for-pound great.

‘Iron’ Mike immediately made it clear after the bout that he would be targeting another exhibition at some point in 2021.

And while he did not confirm the opponent, Tyson told unified super-middleweight world champion Canelo Alvarez on the latest edition of his Hotboxin’ podcast that he is set to fight again at the end of May.

When quizzed on the details of his next fight by Canelo’s trainer Eddy Reynoso, he said: “End of May, where you (Canelo) fought (Miami), the same ring you fought in.

“May 29th, May 31, something like that, right where you fought, same ring.”

Canelo, widely considered the No.1 pound-for-pound fighter on the planet right now, picked up his latest victory against Avni Yildirim at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida last month.

Now Tyson will do battle in the very same arena next month, although his opponent is yet to be confirmed.

Evander Holyfield is desperate to secure a trilogy bout with his old rival almost 24 years on from their infamous heavyweight rematch.

Top trending sport stories right now

  • Players you forgot were Prem stars
  • Lola Bunny's new physique "offensive"
  • Rugby stars dared to swim with dead rats
  • Fury vs AJ turns bitter between teams
  • After suffering a stoppage defeat when they first met in November 1996, Tyson lost their second bout seven months later by disqualification after biting a chunk out of Holyfield’s ear.

    The pair have since become friends, but Holyfield is keen to battle it out for a third time.

    “My side tried to make the fight happen and we got nothing but excuses. Now I can see why he wanted a tune-up fight before thinking about fighting me," the former heavtweifht and cruiserweight world champion recently said.

    “Roy Jones was a good local opponent for Mike, but a fight with me would be a global event and the only fight that anyone wants to see is a fight between us.

    “There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t make it happen. No more excuses. This is the fight that must happen for both our legacies

    “Sign the contract and get in the ring, Tyson. The world is waiting and it’s on you now. I’m ready.”

    READ MORE:Mike Tyson goes wild at Dana White's $1m Jake Paul bet – before Youtuber doubles stakes

    READ MORE:Marvelous Marvin Hagler dead: The undisputed champion that left the boxing world ’shook to its boots’

    Source: Read Full Article