This is the Morning Win, by Andy Nesbitt.
Mitch Trubisky has been the butt of many jokes over the past few years while he struggled to find his way with the Chicago Bears after they traded up to take the QB with No. 2 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.
Was he OK for the Bears during his four years in Chicago? Well, he did go 29-21 so he did some things kinda right.
Was he terrible during his four years in Chicago? Yeah, a bunch of times.
Trubisky never really looked like the franchise QB that the Bears were hoping they had found in that draft (Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson were picked later in that draft) and the two sides parted ways this offseason, much to the dismay of Packers fans.
Trubisky found a new home Thursday as reports have him going to the Buffalo Bills on a one-year deal.
And you know what? It’s a pretty perfect spot for him, all things considered.
The 26-year-old QB goes to a team that has a young star QB in Josh Allen, so there won’t be any pressure on Trubisky at all on game days.
He’s basically being paid a reported $2.5 million bucks to take a year to learn under Allen and more importantly he’ll be doing that under the tutelage of Bills offensive coordinator, Brian Daboll.
Daboll, who was named the NFL’s Assistant Coach of the Year last season, is exactly the type of offensive guru that Trubisky needs. Daboll has turned Allen into a star and if anything, he can make Trubisky at least better. And with nothing expected of Trubisky, Daboll can coach him up and then say good things about him next offseason that could lead to a new gig with a bigger and longer contract.
If anything does happen to Allen then Trubisky would be able to step in and lead an offense that is pretty darn explosive with a bunch of playmakers. If he played well in that situation then his future would suddenly look really bright.
Trubisky jokes have been fun over the years but it would also be fun to see him turn things around and have a lengthy career. He seems like a good fella who just couldn’t live up to some hefty expectations in Chicago. That happens in sports.
A season as a backup in Buffalo could be exactly what he needs.
Quick hits: NFL NFL TV deal… Lavar Ball on Lonzo Ball’s future in New Orleans… Shirtless PGA Tour golfer… And more.
– Here’s everything we know about the NFL’s bonkers new TV deal. The NFL is still very, very popular and very, very, profitable.
– Lavar Ball had a lot to say about his son, Lonzo Ball, including: "He can’t stay in New Orleans.”
– A PGA Tour player took off his shirt to hit a shot out of the water on Thursday and golf fans had lots of jokes.
– J.J. Watt hilariously roasted a weird looking J.J. Watt bobblehead doll.
– Barack Obama shared his NCAA bracket and… he likes a lot of the favorites.
– Drake’s Joseph Yesufu might have already had THE dunk of the men’s NCAA tournament.
Source: Read Full Article