REVEALED: Barcelona starlet Pedri is the highest rated player aged 21 or under on FIFA 23 – just above Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham – with Arsenal winger Bukayo Saka also making the top five
- The latest instalment of the FIFA video game will be released on September 30
- Sportsmail can reveal how EA Sports have rated the most talented youngsters
- Pedri, 19, has become a mainstay in Barcelona’s midfield and has been rated 85
- Jude Bellingham (84) and Bukayo Saka (82) are the two Englishmen in the top 25
- Saka’s Arsenal team-mates William Saliba and Gabriel Martinelli also feature
- Click here for all the latest World Cup 2022 news and updates
Barcelona starlet Pedri edges out Jude Bellingham at the top of the list of the highest-rated players aged 21 or under on FIFA 23.
The latest instalment of the video game will be released on September 30 and Sportsmail can reveal this year’s most talented youngsters, scored by EA Sports.
Pedri has become a mainstay in Barca’s midfield at the age of just 19 and has been awarded a rating of 85 as a result. He is also set to star for Spain at the World Cup in the winter.
Barcelona starlet Pedri is FIFA 23’s highest-rated player aged 21 or under with an 85 grade
Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham follows closely behind him with a rating of 84
Bellingham has also been tipped to play a key role in Qatar for England and the Borussia Dortmund midfielder has been given a rating of 84.
Bellingham, who only turned 19 at the end of June, was the subject of interest from Liverpool and Real Madrid in the summer but opted to stay in Germany for at least one more year.
Bayern Munich full-back Alphonso Davies is into his fourth season as a first team player in Bavaria but is still just 21 and like Bellingham is rated 84.
Completing the top five players aged 21 or under are Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Florian Wirtz and Arsenal winger Bukayo Saka, who have both been given a rating of 82.
Alphonso Davies, now in his fourth season in Bayern Munich’s first team, is also rated 84
The highest-rated Premier League youngster is Bukayo Saka, who has been given an 82 rating
Saka’s Arsenal team-mates William Saliba (left) and Gabriel Martinelli (right) make the top 25
Wirtz became the youngest player to reach 50 Bundesliga appearances last December, but his season was brought to a premature conclusion in March due to an ACL injury.
Meanwhile, Saka is the poster boy of Mikel Arteta’s youthful approach in north London and has started all six Premier League games so far this season.
Two of Saka’s Arsenal team-mates are also included in the top 25 players aged 21 or under – 80-rated defender William Saliba and 78-rated forward Gabriel Martinelli.
Saliba is enjoying a breakthrough campaign at the Emirates Stadium after spending the last three years out on loan, while Martinelli already has three Premier League goals this season.
Bayer Leverkusen’s Florian Wirtz makes the top five despite suffering an ACL injury in March
Chelsea’s new £70m man Wesley Fofana is the only other Premier League player in the top 25
The only other Premier League player in the top 25 is Chelsea’s new centre-back Wesley Fofana, who has been rated 79 following his £70million move from Leicester in August.
Germany’s Bundesliga has the most representatives in the top 25 with nine young players – including Bayern Munich forward Jamal Musiala and Chelsea target Josko Gvardiol of RB Leipzig, who are both rated 81.
Behind Pedri in LaLiga’s contingent there is Real Madrid forward Rodrygo (81), Barcelona pair Gavi and Ansu Fati, Madrid midfielder Eduardo Camavinga and Villarreal winger Yeremy Pino (all 79).
Barcelona, Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen are the best-represented clubs in the top 25 with three young players each.
Top 25 highest-rated players on FIFA 23 aged 21 or under
1) Pedri (Barcelona) – 85
2) Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund) – 84
3) Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich) – 84
4) Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) – 82
5) Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen) – 82
6) Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich) – 81
7) Josko Gvardiol (RB Leipzig) – 81
8) Rodrygo (Real Madrid) – 81
9) Nuno Mendes (PSG) – 80
10) Jurrien Timber (Ajax) – 80
11) William Saliba (Arsenal) – 80
12) Jeremie Frimpong (Bayer Leverkusen) – 80
13) Gavi (Barcelona) – 79
14) Ansu Fati (Barcelona) – 79
15) Eduardo Camavinga (Real Madrid) – 79
16) Yeremy Pino (Villarreal) – 79
17) Goncalo Inacio (Sporting Lisbon) – 79
18) Ryan Gravenberch (Bayern Munich) – 79
19) Orkun Kokcu (Feyenoord) – 79
20) Wesley Fofana (Chelsea) – 79
21) Dominik Szoboszlai (RB Leipzig) – 79
22) Piero Hincapie (Bayer Leverkusen) – 78
23) Gabriel Martinelli (Arsenal) – 78
24) Charles De Ketelaere (AC Milan) – 78
25) Enzo Fernandez (Benfica) – 78
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article