FA investigating wild Arsenal and Burnley crowd violence with bottles hurled

The Football Association have launched an investigation into the crowd trouble that followed Arsenal's win over Burnley at Turf Moor in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon.

Supporters of the two sides met in the middle of their opposing sections, with stewards failing to keep the large numbers separated despite many having already left the ground.

The clashes included plastic bottles being thrown from both sides, and came after Martin Odegaard scored the only goal of the game to hand the travelling side all three points.

Clips of large-scale clash were shared online by those in attendance, prompting an investigation from the governing body over how and why the events in question took place.

With fans from both sides being hosted in the Cricket Field Stand, plastic bottles and other items were thrown after the final whistle according to The Mirror.

The events took place after Arsenal players came over to thank the away fans, with stewards struggling to regain control with fans repeatedly told to leave the stadium.

The FA are now said to be looking into the trouble, with fans dispersing 10 minutes later. And it is understood that no-one was hurt during the incident.

Don't miss a thing with our football updates!

Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?

Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don't miss a thing.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.

And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta told Match of the Day of the match: “It was a hard-fought victory at a really tough place.

"You have to be ready for a fight. In the first half we had some really good periods when we were really dominant and should have scored more goals. In the second half we gave the ball away cheaply too many times.

"We have players who are not at their strength playing in this type of game, but they did their best and we got the win. I’m very proud of them defensively and I’m really pleased with the win.

"It’s two wins in a row, two clean sheets. Let’s go again. We have a lot to catch up!"

Source: Read Full Article