Inter Milan 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen: Romelu Lukaku continues Europa League scoring streak as Antonio Conte’s men progress to semi-finals
- Inter Milan beat Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 to reach the Europa League semi-finals
- Antonio Conte’s men took the lead when Nicolo Barella curled in on 15 minutes
- The Serie A side doubled their lead on 20 minutes as Romelu Lukaku bundled in
- Chelsea target Kai Havertz pulled a goal back by firing under Samir Handanovic
- Inter were awarded a penalty before half-time but VAR overturned the decision
- Havertz came agonisingly close to an equaliser but missed Leon Bailey’s cross
Inter Milan progressed to the Europa League semi-finals on Monday night by clinching a 2-1 victory over Bayer Leverkusen in Dusseldorf.
Nicolo Barella opened the scoring when he curled through a crowd and into the bottom corner on 15 minutes, and Romelu Lukaku doubled Inter’s advantage when he fended off Edmond Tapsoba to poke into the bottom corner.
Kai Havertz halved the deficit when he hammered below Samir Handanovic, and the Chelsea transfer target came agonisingly close to an equaliser when he almost connected with Leon Bailey’s inviting cross.
More to follow.
Romelu Lukaku celebrates after scoring Inter Milans second goal agaiinst Bayer Leverkusen
The Begian geos to ground before poking beyond Leverkusen goalkeeper Lukas Hradecky
Nicolos Barella opened the scoring on 15 minutes by curling in with the outside of his right foot
Barella celebrates his quarter-final goal with Inter team-mate Lautaro Martinez
Chelsea target Kai Havertz halved the deficit by firing under Samir Handanovic
Havertz attempts to dribble past former Manchester United defender Ashley Young
Inter Milan boss Antonio Conte issues instructions to his players at the Merkur Spiel-Arena
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article