Jadon Sancho to Man Utd transfer tactic leaves Dortmund bemused with deadline today

Manchester United are desperate to sign Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho but the Bundesliga side have been left ‘bemused’ by the approach of Ed Woodward to the transfer. Dortmund wanted any deal done for Sancho by today as they get ready to prepare for the new season.

The England winger was in stunning form last season, netting 20 goals and providing 20 assists in all competitions.

Dortmund want a staggering £108m for Sancho this summer, an amount United are simply not prepared to pay.

The 20-year-old wants a move to the Red Devils but there is still a lot to sort out for any deal to be struck.

It is also the best chance for United to sign Sancho as they are the only club that can make a viable move due to the coronavirus pandemic.

JUST IN: Man City boss Pep Guardiola makes Gareth Bale transfer admission

Dortmund have been left bemused by the stance of Woodward though, according to Sky Sports.

United have made it clear they will not pay what the Bundesliga side want for Sancho.

Dortmund fly to their pre-season camp later today and they fully expect the England international to be present despite the ongoing speculation.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes Sancho can take the squad one step closer to the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City.

DON’T MISS
Arsenal offer Atletico pick of three players in bid to complete Partey deal [GOSSIP]
Tottenham target to undergo medical today as Mourinho eyes three signings [NEWS]
Man Utd boss Solskjaer fired transfer warning because of Fernandes problem [NEWS]

The Red Devils manager is giving nothing away on negotiations in the transfer window so far.

Solskjaer has always remained coy on how the talks were progressing.

“We are looking into all transfers differently,” the Norwegian said.

“I’m not going to speak about individuals that are not our players. There is no update – we’ll give you an update when we can.”

Premier League done deals: Every confirmed transfer in the summer window so far

And Dortmund are adamant that they have not had any contact with United over a deal for Sancho.

Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke explained: “There has never been an offer for Jadon, but we have pre-emptively given the minimum of what should be paid.

“So far, there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho, either indirectly or through alleged intermediaries.”

Contrary to them comments Express Sport understands Sancho is happy to pen a five-year contract and would take home a reported £350,000-a-week if he makes the switch.

Sancho was spotted in the UK over the weekend but Dortmund denited there was anything going on.

LATEST LIVE SPORT TV DEALS
Get Sky Sports for just £25 per month for 3 months
Get BT Sport for HALF PRICE

Dortmund’s director of media and communication Sascha Fligge insists the former Manchester City winger is due to report back to training on Monday.

“It’s common and fine for players to go home before a training camp if they’re not risky,” Fligge said.

“The same goes for Jadon [Sancho]. From our point of view, the pictures that have been shown to us so far do not violate.”

This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here

Source: Read Full Article