Ronaldo 'agrees transfer' with Man City ahead of Premier League return
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has dropped a major hint that Cristiano Ronaldo will leave the club over the coming days. The Portuguese megastar has been heavily linked with Manchester City, who were forced to re-evaluate their summer plans after top target Harry Kane pledged his allegiance to Tottenham for the coming season.
In his latest press conference, Allegri said: “Yesterday, Cristiano he told me that he no longer plans to play for Juventus.
“For this reason he will not be called up for tomorrow. Now let’s talk about Empoli.”
Ronaldo left midway Juve’s Friday morning training session in what appeared to be a farewell to his team-mates in Turin.
The Italian giants benched Ronaldo for their season opener against Udinese last weekend amid fierce speculation over his future.
Having made his name on the red side of Manchester, it would be a shocking turn of events if Ronaldo completed his move to the blue side to work under Pep Guardiola.
After Gabriel Jesus declared his preference to play on the wing and Sergio Aguero left for Barcelona earlier this summer, City have been left without a senior striker in their ranks.
With years upon years of experience at the top level, Ronaldo has moulded himself from a tricky winger to a prolific frontman who could be exactly what City need.
His exemplary record in the Champions League could be the biggest selling point from the club’s point of view, after Guardiola missed out on European glory at the final hurdle back in May.
Given that Ronaldo only has one year left on his Juve contract, and well-aware of the fact that the club were keen to offload, City initially pressed for a free transfer.
However, the Bianconeri stood firm on their requirement of a transfer fee, and City now appear to have warmed up to the idea of parting with £25million to secure his services.
PSG had also been linked with the 36-year-old, although they have now reportedly turned their attention towards a shock move for Erling Haaland, with Kylian Mbappe nearing a switch to Real Madrid.
With big names moving here, there and everywhere, Ronaldo’s Juventus exit would merely be the latest installment in a crazy summer of transfer activity among Europe’s elite.
Although the Portuguese would not be a long-term option at the Etihad thanks to his age, the fact he has kept himself in peak physical condition means he is still likely to be hugely effective for at least another season.
The Premier League is set for an incredible battle for the top spot, with Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool all looking stronger than last campaign.
Throwing Ronaldo into the mix would only make the battle even more enticing as clubs continue to ignore the narrative of a COVID-hit transfer market which was thought to precede a quiet summer – how wrong that turned out to be.
Source: Read Full Article