Ole Gunnar Solskajer says Manchester United are “working hard” to bring in new recruits before Monday’s transfer deadline. The Red Devils had an initial £91million offer for Jadon Sancho rejected by Borussia Dortmund earlier this week.
Solskjaer is keen to add a new right winger to his squad before the October 5 deadline.
And he has made it clear to his superiors exactly who he wants brought in over the coming days.
“When we’re planning, you’ve got players here we believe in,” said Solskjaer.
JUST IN: Carabao Cup quarter-final details in full
“The window is still open for a little while and the club have been working hard and know my view.
“We’re here to strengthen, in the long term as well, but I’m not going to say what’s acceptable for us or other teams in this difficult period.
“You know, the main thing now obviously is to get results on the pitch. We need to get results and how we get results on the pitch, there are many, many ways to improve the team.
“We’re working here, inside the four walls and on the pitch, to get better.
Premier League done deals: Every confirmed transfer [TRANSFERS]
Serena Williams withdraws from French Open injured [INTERVIEW]
Mick Schumacher F1 debut confirmed [NEWS]
“I keep reading about players that should be playing, instead of ones that are playing, so that tells me I’ve got a strong squad.
“We need to keep fit and keep injury-free, but there’s more competition for places now.”
United fans are frustrated that they have only done one piece of business so far this summer as Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek completed a £40million move.
Solskjaer was hopeful during the peak of lockdown that his club would come through the global pandemic stronger than many others.
Get NOW TV Sky Sports season pass and save 25 percent
The Norwegian thought United would be able to “exploit” other clubs but that has not been the case with Dortmund standing firm on their £108m valuation of Sancho.
“I think my wording in lockdown ‘exploit’ was a bad word by me, I didn’t mean in that respect,” Solskjaer regressed.
“I meant clubs out there have to move because of the situation and it might be a situation for us, but at the moment, there’s not been those situations.
“We’ve lost loads of money as the other clubs have as well.
“And when I talk about the squad depth, of course the performances didn’t warrant me giving more of them more options, the 11, 12 or 13 players who deserved to play, they played really well.
“I think it’s a different scenario now, I’ve seen many other of the other players who didn’t play too well the other season, play really well now.”
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here
Source: Read Full Article