As ever, Manchester United are set to scramble until the very last hours of the transfer window in order to get their business done. So far only Donny van de Beek has arrived at Old Trafford and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants at least two more signings. Express Sport looks at six players who could still arrive before October 5.
You can’t talk about Manchester United and not talk about Jadon Sancho.
He has been their top target since day one and United remain determined to bring him through the door.
Reports yesterday claim they have been an opening offer of £90million rejected by Borussia Dortmund.
The German club want £108million but there is some suggestion they will not even accept that, so close to the deadline.
JUST IN: Man Utd transfer was blocked by Jose Mourinho after personal terms agreed in phone call
This one looks a matter of when, not if and United are said to have upped their bid for the player.
The club have been in contact with Telles’ reps for around two weeks now as they look to sound out a deal.
He has just one year remaining on his Porto contract and they’re looking to sign him at a cut price.
Telles would provide competition for Luke Shaw and has already agreed a five-year provisional contract at Old Trafford.
Man Utd boss Solskjaer has told Jadon Sancho ‘he expects transfer to be completed’
Man Utd transfer was blocked by Jose Mourinho after personal terms agreed in phone call
Man Utd transfer clause written into Luis Suarez’s Barcelona contract emerges
United have reportedly entered the fray for Ousmane Dembele, as they explore alternative options for Sancho.
The Frenchman was the subject of an enquiry from Liverpool in June and he made it clear he has no intentions of leaving Barcelona.
That’s unlikely to change and he remains determined to prove himself under new boss Ronald Koeman.
Spanish reports claim United could secure a deal for Dembele at around £50m and should that be true, there is a chance it could happen, particularly if their attempts to land Sancho are unsuccessful.
This feels like the kind of transfer that can be done quickly, therefore we believe it’s likely.
The deals for Sancho and Dembele are so difficult to do, especially at this stage of the window.
Clubs are set to capitalise on United’s desperation in the transfer market.
Watford would accept around £40million for Sarr and contact has already been made through intermediaries.
The Senegal international would jump at the chance to join United and will want to avoid a season in the Championship.
This would summarise United’s approach to transfer to a tee.
Cavani remains a free agent following his departure from Paris Saint-Germain earlier in the year.
He looked set to join Atletico Madrid but that never materialised, while he has also had offers from Italy.
United could potentially satisfy the 33-year-old’s wage demands and offer him a short-term contract at Old Trafford.
The deal has a similar feel to the one that saw United sign Odion Ighalo in January on deadline day at the eleventh hour.
Real Madrid are ready to offload Jovic on loan and United could offer the Croatian a lifeline.
While a new striker is now a priority, the club have been in the market to sign one since 2019 and have so far been unsuccessful, besides the capture of Ighalo.
Zinedine Zidane is keen to get Jovic off the books and he could provide an unlikely solution for United in the final few days of the transfer window.
Reports claim United are in contact for the player and at 22, he fits the kind of profile Solskjaer is looking for.
Get NOW TV Sky Sports season pass and save 25 percent
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here
Source: Read Full Article