Man Utd transfer round-up: Ex-Liverpool captain hits out at Red Devils signings

After a summer of endless rumours and stories, Manchester United added Edinson Cavani, Alex Telles and Facundo Pellistri to their ranks on transfer deadline day, joining midfielder Donny van de Beek as the new faces at Old Trafford.

They also secured an agreement with Atalanta for Amad Diallo, who will join United in January.

But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are still to add a centre-back, with United also failing to shift
much of the deadwood in their first-team squad.

When it comes to United, the rumour mill never slows down and, with that in mind, here is
the latest Manchester United transfer round-up on Saturday, October 10.

French defender considers United move – but only if they are in Champions League

Manchester United target Dayot Upamecano will only consider a move to the club next
summer if they are playing in the Champions League.

The RB Leipzig centre-back has been linked with a move to Old Trafford, but penned a new
deal with the Bundesliga club until 2023.

His representatives also managed to lower his release clause to around £40million.

According to German outlet Sport BILD, United and Liverpool are aware of Upamecano’s
release clause, while the Mirror claims that the French international is demanding that his
next club must be competing in the Champions League.

United’s interest has only intensified following their early season struggles at the back, with
Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly all in poor form.

Get the latest news straight into your inbox!

It has been a hectic season so far – so make sure you don't miss a single thing by signing up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!

All the latest transfer news and big stories will land straight into your inbox. You won't miss out.

To sign up, put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.

Saudi adventure could await Mata

Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata has been made a ‘lucrative offer” to join a Saudi
Arabian club.

The Spaniard joined the Reds from Chelsea in January 2014 and has since made more than
250 appearances.

However, he is yet to play in the Premier League this season, with Fred, Bruno Fernandes,
Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic and Donny van de Beek all ahead of him in the pecking order.

Football consultant Ian McGarry has claimed that United have yet to enter negotiations over
a move, but that an offer has been lodged for Mata, whose contract expires next summer.

McGarry said on the Transfer Window Podcast (via Express Sport): “We will start at Old
Trafford with a shock move for fan favourite Juan Mata, who has been offered a very, very
lucrative deal to move from Manchester to Saudi Arabia.

“It is our understanding that the offer that Mata has is worth around $15m per year to go and
play in the Saudi Arabian league.”

Where will Man Utd finish this season? Have your say here.

Thompson hits out over United’s signings

Liverpool legend Phil Thompson has slammed Manchester United’s transfer deadline day
signings.

The Reds wrapped up deals for Edinson Cavani, Alex Telles, Facundo Pellistri and Amad
Diallo, but Thompson believes this demonstrated a ‘scattergun approach’.

He told Paddy Power: “I’m a little bit disappointed with Manchester United.

“They put all of their eggs in Jadon Sancho’s basket and they must have known at some
point that he wasn’t going to sign for them.

“Then they brought in four players on the last day of the window, and that’s just a scattergun
approach and desperation for me.”

Source: Read Full Article