Kylian Mbappe linked with Real Madrid move
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Kylian Mbappe has fuelled rumours of an impending move to Real Madrid by following two of the club’s high-profile stars on social media. The 22-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from Paris Saint-Germain ahead of next week’s transfer deadline.
Real Madrid are understood to be long-term admirers of Mbappe, who scored 42 goals from 47 appearances in all competitions last season.
He supported the La Liga heavyweights as a child and is believed to be keen on joining the club this summer or in a year’s time.
Mbappe will be out of contract next summer and has reportedly turned down no less than three proposals from PSG, suggesting that he is set on a Real Madrid move.
The next few days could represent PSG’s only hope of cashing in on their prized asset, with the forward able to negotiate a free transfer to a foreign club from January.
It seems as though Mbappe is already preparing for life in Madrid as he looks to seal a move to the Bernabeu.
JUST IN: Man Utd icon Rio Ferdinand details Cristiano Ronaldo phone call
He has followed Luka Modric and Eden Hazard on Instagram, which is fairly innocuous in itself.
However, Mbappe was already friends with Hazard and did not follow him out of respect for the club, according to Defensa Central.
His change of heart suggests that a Real Madrid switch could soon be on the cards, but it remains to be seen whether PSG will decide to part ways before Tuesday’s deadline.
The French giants have already turned down a bid worth £137million this summer and have insisted that a move will only happen on their terms.
Real Madrid are said to have tabled an improved offer of around £145.6m in the hope of tempting PSG into a late summer sale.
Club director Leonardo recently declared that he is keen to retain Mbappe’s services this month before slamming Real Madrid by accusing them of handling the situation illegally.
“PSG’s position has always been to keep Kylian,” Leonardo told various media outlets earlier this week.
“That’s been the aim for the last two years and it remains unchanged. We made him a big offer two months ago – at the level of the best players – and another even more recently which was even higher.
THINK YOU KNOW SPORT? Test your sporting knowledge with our tricky quiz
“But this is a strategy of Real Madrid, to have the name of one of our players.
“For the last two years the behaviour of Madrid has been incorrect, illegal, getting in contact with his representatives, unacceptable, completely incorrect towards us.
“And the proof of this strategy is to present an offer seven days before the market shuts and a year before the end of his contract. It seems like a strategy that suggests they have tried everything.
“It’s not the sum [offered] which we believe to be a long way from what we were thinking. And we are not going to sell a player for less than we paid for him when he was 18.
“We have to give a certain amount to Monaco, and the offer is not sufficient.”
Source: Read Full Article