Victorians have another new reason to celebrate with the TAB announcing its agencies will re-open for business in metropolitan Melbourne from Wednesday.
The easing of COVID-19 restrictions announced by the Victorian government has come just in time for Melbourne Cup week which kicks off with Victoria Derby day on Saturday.
Punters will also be able to bet at pub and club TABs in Melbourne.
Punters in TABs will be able to bet early on the Melbourne Cup on the tote from Sunday to help ease demand on raceday.
COVID-safe measures will be implemented across TAB outlets including:
– COVID marshals on duty at agencies on key days
– Frequent cleaning of agencies and surfaces
– Hand sanitising stations installed
– Capacity limit signage, COVID-safe signage
– Floor decals showing 1.5m spacing
– QR codes to allow electronic access to form and popular markets on customers’ own devices
Metropolitan Melbourne has been in lockdown since July but Premier Dan Andrews eased restrictions on Monday and there have now been two consecutive days with no new coronavirus cases recorded.
Originally published asTAB outlets back in play in Melbourne
Source: Read Full Article